Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Finally, Some Color!!! Yay!

My parent's family room has been a nice shade of white with a slight tint of blue in it for the past 16 years. Before I moved to Hawaii I told my parents I would be happy to help paint if they got the paint and supplies. They never got the paint or supplies, and I moved to Hawaii...then I moved back from Hawaii and they still hadn't decided on paint colors. I went with my mom to Home Depot and assisted her in picking out paint colors (I found some colors that I liked and showed my mom, and she decided she liked them too.) After consulting with my dad (and he liked the colors too) my parents went and bought paint and supplies! The paint selection was a sage green for the main portion of the room including the ceiling, and a chocolate brown accent wall. So, our project was off and rolling!

On Monday we started by clearing out the room, taping of the baseboards and windows, and getting things ready. We got started with a little bit of it Monday night. At this point Marla, or my parents....well...someone informed us that we needed to be done before Thursday night because Steve and Tiffany were planning on staying over Thursday night and they would need a place to sleep. This really kicked my project into high gear. So, to start things off here are a few before pictures (well, it was after we started moving furniture, but before we started painting).

Tuesday morning it was just me, Kaylee, and Gabby painting the family room. Tuesday afternoon my Mom and Marla joined in the painting, and by the end of the day we were making some pretty good progress.

Wednesday morning my Mom, Paul, and I really hit it hard and were done with 3 sides of the room, and the ceiling by mid-afternoon. We just had the accent wall to paint after dinner. Kaylee and Gabby were more than happy to help with painting that wall as well. We finished painting Wednesday night, with just a few touch-up spots on Thursday.

Here are a few final pictures of our finished room. I think it turned out looking amazing. Our next project will be my parent's kitchen and dining area. I just gotta get my mom on board with this next project. I don't think that will be very hard after our latest paint job.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

Wow! Looks Good. I will have to come by and see for myself. Hopefully tomorrow :)

Nicola said...

It looks FABULOUS! You did and amazing job!

Jess said...

good job. I know who to call when I'm ready to add some color to my walls (don't worry, you've probably got YEARS until I decide. seriously)