Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Big River - The Musical

On Monday, August 16 my dad took us to the Sundance Resort for the musical Big River (a story about Huck Finn). It's an outdoor summer amphitheater at Sundance Resort (up Provo Canyon). We had to hike the steep mountain to get up to the amphitheater but the kids did really well hiking up the steep mountain. We found a nice spot to lay out our blankets to watch the show where we had an excellent view of the stage.

The show started at about 8:00 (which is the kids bedtime) and the opening number was...well...not what I was expecting...ok, let's face it, it was HORRIBLE!!! Once we got into the play we realized they just shouldn't have sang that opening number because the rest of the show went really well. I enjoyed the rest of the show. Paul's never enjoyed plays and musicals so he was ready to head for home. By the time the show was over Gabby was fast asleep on my lap. I tried to catch the tractor ride back down the mountain but it was full, so I decided to hike down the mountain with a sleeping Gabby in my arms. If you ever want a really good workout then that will definitely do it to you. It was so nice to go out to a play with my family. Thanks Dad!

No comments: