Sunday, February 13, 2011

Weekly Review 2011 - February 6 - 12

Sunday, February 6 - At night Kaylee and Gabby read for an hour or so before they go to sleep. Even after they are done reading Kaylee struggles with going to sleep. Mostly because she is trying to stay awake. I went in their bedroom and found her asleep sitting up with both arms out. It didn't look comfortable.

Monday, February 7 - After dinner the kids got ready for bed and then sat down to watch a show before bedtime. I'm not sure why Gabby was laying on the couch with pillows all around her head but it did look interesting. She was just laying there watching tv this way.

Tuesday, February 8 - We are getting carpet installed in the basement family room on Friday. The guy came to measure the room for the carpet and then we got the room ready to paint before the carpet is installed. We got everything moved either down the hall, or into the middle of the room covered with tarps to get ready for the paint.

Wednesday, February 9 - Paul came home right after he was done with class instead of going to work. He came home so we could paint the family and get the basement the rest of the way ready for carpet on Friday. He bought some blue paint on his way home from work on Monday and we were ready to roll. Gabby had fun painting some designs on the wall before Paul covered it up with the paint roller. After we were done with the painting we went upstairs to figure out dinner. We decided after a day of painting I would run and grab Arby's for dinner. When I got back I found Paul ripping up the old kitchen floor that we are also replacing. There was dust flying everywhere but the 48-year-old floor was coming up pretty easy. He got the old floor all ripped out and we vacuumed up so much dust from the floor, and everywhere else in the room.

Thursday, February 10 - With our house in remodel craziness it was nice to have somewhere else to be for the day. My cousin Tiffany can ALWAYS find a reason to have a party for any occasion. This occasion just happened to be Valentine's day. She invited my girls, and some other kids from her neighborhood over for some Valentine fun. The kids got to decorate paper bags for their Valentines they were going to exchange, decorate sugar cookies to decorate, and listen to some fun valentine books. My kids had so much fun and after every party we go to at Tiffany's house (and we have been to a few) they always ask me when Tiffany is going to have another party. Knowing Tiff I'm sure they won't have to wait long for her to find another Party occasion (Love you Tiff! Thanks for the wonderful parties!)

Friday, February 11 - The carpet installers showed up first thing in the morning and set right to work installing the carpet. The family room is 350 square feet and it only took them about 3 hours the get the carpet installed and be on their way. My sister Janeene had called me Thursday to see if we wanted to go to lunch with them for Savannah's and Janeene's birthday. Since the carpet was installed before lunch we were able to join them at Yamasaki, a Japanese restaurant that I really like. It ended up being Janeene's whole family, me and my girls, my mom, and Wendy and her boys (after Wendy battled major traffic and finally made it.) Here's a picture of Kaylee, Jaren, and Ariana waiting for their lunch. (Restaurant Photo courtesy of my bro-in-law Israel's iPhone. Thanks Israel!)

Saturday, February 12 - We got up and immediately started on our project of the day. With the family room painted and carpeted that left the kitchen that still needed to be done. We started installing the kitchen floor at about 8:20 a.m. and with Paul, me, and my little sister Marla working away on it we were mostly done by the time we headed to my niece's birthday party at 12:45. All we had left was the very edges that we had to trim pieces for. My niece Savannah turned 6 this week and had a Tinkerbell party at her house. Kaylee and Gabby decided that they wanted to wear their fairy costumes to the fairy party. They had fun making candy/cereal necklaces, playing pin the star on Tinkerbell's wand, whacking a pinata, and eating sweets. After the party we headed home and finished installing the kitchen floor, then Paul replaced the 2 lights in the family room with some nice new lights. What a day! (photos from the birthday party courtesy of my sister Janeene. Thanks Janeene!)

2 comments:

Jess said...

it looks sooooooooooo good! love it! I may need the name of the color if the blue paint for when I do Eli's room.

Tiffany said...

Yes! It looks Fabulous! I love how you used the blue, I am scared to try color-I think I am going to have to (Once I get a house that I can actually paint) I love the kitchen floor! It looks wonderful.

I'm glad the girls had fun at the party. St. Patrick's Day is in March. I am already planning an Easter Egg Hunt in April. In May WE have three weddings and a baby to attend to, so I may take the month off. You can come to the reception party. WE are going to have lots of kids activities there. I will probably be in charge of that. (Maybe it will help put me into labor)