Sunday, February 27, 2011

Weekly Review 2011 - February 20-26

Sunday, February 20 - Gabby was still getting over being sick the few days before so we decided to stay home all day. We didn't go anywhere, or do much of anything. Gabby just discovered Busytown Mysteries on Netflix and I think we watched 8-10 episodes of that show (although it seems like a lot more). I could NOT get that song out of my head!!!

Monday, February 21 - Paul didn't have school or work for Pesident's day. I also let Kaylee and Gabby have a break from school for the holiday. At about 9:30ish I got a phone call from my little sister Marla asking if I would come get her from work. It wasn't busy at all at the day care she works at because of the holiday, so, she came over to my house for a bit. While she was here she played with the color spinner with Gabby to make some fun designs.

Tuesday, February 22 - We got back into school stuff again for the week. The kids found a box of craft items...pipe cleaners, beads, glue, google eyes, pom pom balls, etc. They had so much fun making bracelets, pom-pom animals, and other fun crafts.

Wednesday, February 23 - Kaylee, Gabby, and I went to the mall to use a coupon that they had received for a free accessory item from Build-a-Bear. While we were at the mall to accessorize their Build-a-Bears I decided to get me a new accessory. My old purse is falling apart. I really liked it, but it could only last so long. I bought a Miche Purse. My little sister Marla has one and I love it so I decided to get me one. They have a magnetic cover so it's easy to change to look of your purse without a whole new purse. The place I bought my purse at was having a buy-one-get-one-free sale on their closeout covers so I got one cover with my purse, and then got 2 more with the sale. I LOVE my new purse, and I really love that I can change the look of it easily.

Thursday, February 24 - Happy Birthday to my DADDY!!! I have the BEST dad in whole world. I laugh at any of you that tell me otherwise. Wendy, my mom, and I took the kids downtown to my dad's office to take him some birthday balloons and to go to lunch with him for his birthday. It was so much fun, and I hope he had a great birthday. Hudson really, really loved the balloons. He was really going at them.

Friday, February 25 - Tonight we took the girls to Fat Cats to go bowling. Kaylee absolutely LOVES to play Wii Sports Bowling, and was so excited to go bowling for real. Kaylee decided to try out several bowling techniques. She had some very funny techniques for getting the ball down the lane. She heaved it, she pushed it with her head down the ball ramp, but her favorite was to hold the ball ramp with her hands, and push the ball with her foot. She is quite the pretzel.

Saturday, February 26 - I made Kaylee and Gabby new chore charts today. The one we had on our fridge had seen better days. I filled in what chores they needed to do on what days they were responsible for them and printed them out. Then, I laminated the chore charts so they will last longer, and so the kids can mark them off with a dry erase marker when they finish a chore. They hung them on their bedroom door so they would be easy to see and remind them what needs to be done.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I like your chore charts. did you design them yourself, or did you find the template online. We have been trying a chore chart, but Corbin is still not motivated to do his chores. Carter wants to do all the chores...everyday!