For day 2 of my 50 day project: Day 2: A bulleted list of everything that happened in your day that involves the kids (their schedules).
Today was NOT a typical day in our life, but for the sake of this project I will make a list of everything that happened in our day today.
- Gabby woke up first and immediately wanted me to read her a book before breakfast or anything else.
- Kaylee and Gabby ate breakfast. Kaylee had Lucky Charms, and Gabby had Strawberry Frosted Mini Wheats. Then they got dressed and ready for their day.
- Since we are homeschooling, after the girls were ready for the morning we headed downstairs to our school area to start with our school work.
- We got our homeschool work done throughout the morning...as usual...then just before lunch is when our day went from our usual schedule to unusual. Paul came home just before lunch. He had gone to class for the morning and then instead of going to work he decided to take the day off to paint the family room, and get some things done before we get carpet put in on Friday.
- After lunch we set to work getting the family room prepped and painted. Kaylee helped me tape off the edges of the room, and Gabby wanted to watch "Strawberry Shortcake" instead of helping.
- Kaylee had activity days for church/primary at 4:00 and asked about every 3-5 minutes from about 2:00 until we left what time it was and if it was time to leave yet.
- Gabby decided that she did want to help paint and quickly changed into painting clothes and had fun painting designs on the walls.
- I took Kaylee and our neighbor that I picked up on our way over to activity days where they made Valentines for their families. Kaylee left Paul and I valentines on our pillows. How sweet.
- We finished our painting project in the family room and it looks drastically different, and so good. Then since we had been working on our project all afternoon I went to grab Arby's for dinner. When I got home I walked in the front door to very loud scraping noises in the kitchen, and Kaylee and Gabby sitting on dining room chairs covering their ears and watching Paul scrape up the old flooring in the kitchen.
- The kids loved that I got Arby's for dinner. They really love curly fries with cheese dip. As they ate their dinner Paul continued to rip up the old flooring.
- After a day of getting some big projects done the kids got ready for bed, and then listened to a story on their ipod before going to sleep.
Wow! What a busy day! That turned out to be MUCH longer than I ever would have imagined...and longer than a typical day schedule would be.
5 weeks ago

No comments:
Post a Comment