Sunday, July 4, 2010

Weekly Review - June 27-July 3

Sunday, June 27 - We went to church for our last time in Hawaii. We had been asked to speak, and after the meeting was over the whole congregation sang "Aloha Oi" (Until We Meet Again) to us and we got handmade farewell lei's. Kaylee had several of her friends, and people she knows signs a paper with a farewell message.

Monday, June 28 - We finished cleaning up our house, had our final check-out inspection, and said good-bye to our little house in Hawaii.

Tuesday, June 29 - A few weeks ago when I went to the zoo with my friend Nicole I bought an annual zoo pass because I figured that it was a great price, and we could go a bunch of times. Then, four days after I bought my zoo pass, I found out we were moving back to Utah within just a couple of weeks. I wanted to get one more use out of my zoo pass (that I had only used once) so I went to the zoo one last time.

Wednesday, June 30 - Happy Birthday to me! For my birthday this year Paul signed the last of his paperwork to be completely out of the Navy. Paul is no longer employed by the US Navy. We hung out with my friend Nicole, she was so nice to let us invade her house. They also kicked us out of their house with their car and without our kids to go out for dinner for my birthday. It was such a sweet birthday present. After we were back from dinner Zach (Nicole's hubby) took us over to the airport for our overnight flight back to the mainland. We flew from Honolulu, HI to LA and then hurried across the airport to our next flight to Salt Lake City. We left Honolulu at 9:15 P.M.(local time) and got to Salt Lake City at 9:15 A.M. (local time). Kaylee slept for a total of 2-1/2 hours on the flights, and Gabby slept for a total of 5 hours on the flights. What a night!

Thursday, July 1 - We made it back to Utah...a lot sooner than we expected, but we were thrilled to see family again. My Mom, Wendy, and Roman picked us up from the airport and we went back to my parent's house. Wendy and Roman stayed to play pretty much all day. I was pretty out of it because I hadn't slept at all on the flight the night before, but the kids did surprisingly well on very little sleep.

Friday, July 2 - After a good night's sleep we got going on unpacking our bags. Marla, Kaylee, and Gabby had fun raiding Marla's ducky stuff. They each found a pair of ducky slippers to wear, and Gabby found a few other accessories to wear too.

Saturday, July 3 - My little sister Marla loves setting up water fun for the kids during the summer. She set up a little kiddie pool at the bottom of the playground slide, and set up a slip and slide.

No comments: