Monday, July 12 - My cat Mickey (that lives at my parent's house because I am ridiculously allergic), and my dog Falkor have been learning to get along. Mickey has learned to tolerate Falkor, and Falkor has learned that when the cat doesn't want to play she will thump him on the head with her paw.
Tuesday, July 13 - Kaylee loves our little dog...sometimes a little TOO much. Sometimes I have to tell her to leave him alone, set him down, that he's not a doll, etc. She took Falkor out on the patio and when I looked outside to check on them I found her driving him around in a car that she is probably way to big for. She made him honk the horn, and drive the car. Falkor looked at me with the saddest little "Please Save Me" look on his face.
Wednesday, July 14 - Paul's brother Chris recently bought a house that had a bunch of projects that needed to be done before they could move in. The projects pretty much included gutting the house and re-doing pretty much everything: Tile, carpet, hardwood floors, lights, etc. Paul has been going over to help any day he doesn't have something going on. He has been coming home covered in tile dust, muck, and who know what else, but he has felt really good that he has been able to go help his brother get his house ready to move-in. (Photo courtesy of Jess. Thank you Jess!)

Thursday, July 15 - I asked my friend Nicola if I could borrow some life jackets for my kids for our family reunion at the lake. Of COURSE Nic didn't just say "Yes"...she said "Yes, can I bring them over to YOU, and then we can play too." Nicola is the sweetest most amazing person EVER! I am so grateful that not only did she let me borrow the life jackets, and that she brought them to ME, but then we got to play for nearly 4 hours! My kids hadn't been very pleasant to be around, but after they were done playing and Nicola and her kids had to leave they had much better attitudes, and were much happier, and MUCH more helpful kids.
Friday, July 16 - We went to our family reunion for my Mom's family at Pineview Reservoir. We had tons of fun with the wave-runners, the lake, the pontoon boat, and of course the family. I have always been closest with my Mom's family and it was so fun spending the day with my cousins that I grew up with.

Saturday, July 17 - One of our favorite summer-time activities is definitely going to the Salt Lake City Downtown Farmer's Market. Marla, Kaylee, Gabby, and I went and browsed the booths, and then got snow cones (the kids favorite part of the farmer's market).

No comments:
Post a Comment