A year ago we were in our house down in Spanish Fork trying to get it to sell so we could finally move over to Hawaii where Paul was already transferred to. We lived in our house in Spanish Fork for 3-1/2 years.
Finally in September of 2009 I got an okay offer on my house, but Paul was out to sea for a 6 month deployment. So, in October 2009 I moved into my sister Wendy's basement in Draper. Paul got back from his deployment but we put off moving to Hawaii so we could be in Utah for my brother's wedding, as well as a few other things that postponed our move. We lived in Wendy and Spencer's basement from mid-October through February 1 of 2010.

On February 1st we were finally on our way to Hawaii. We had to drop off my car in California to be shipped to Hawaii and then flew from there. The movers had packed up all of our belongings at Wendy's house at the end of December and it arrived bout the same time as I did. We moved into military housing. Paul discovered that he still had sleep apnea and the navy ultimately decided to process him out of the Navy. So, after being in Hawaii for less than 6 months we greeted the movers and got ready to head back to Utah. I lived in Hawaii from February 3 - June 30, 2010.
Next stop...back to the house I grew up in. Since we weren't expecting the navy to process Paul out so quickly after taking months of doing nothing about his sleep apnea. We are staying at my parent's house while we transition back from Hawaii, Paul is getting registered for school, and finding a new job. So, for now here we are. This also leaves us knowing that we have yet another move sometime in the not to distant future. (Look in the front living room window for a lovely picture of Marla pressed against the glass).

Never a dull moment around here...I will update when I add another move to my recent moves list. I NEVER imagined I would have to move so many times in such a short amount of time.

No comments:
Post a Comment