Thursday, June 24, 2010

Moving Day!

What?!? You didn't know we were moving already? Don't worry if you are feeling out of the loop. About a week ago we had absolutely no idea we were moving either. The Navy has decided to process Paul out with an honorable discharge due to his sleep apnea (which is a submarine disqualifier). He was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2008 and they did a major surgery to fix the problem...but then after all that it didn't help and he still has sleep apnea and they didn't figure it out until over a year afer his oiginal surgery...lame? YES! They told us last Wednesday that we would be getting out and that our last day would be June 24th. They changed it slightly so our last day is now June 30th. So, my birthday present this year is heading back to Utah on my b-day(with no idea what our future holds in store). Paul has been in the Navy for 9 years and is incredibly nervous since that is what he has been doing for so long. He plans to go back to school to get a degree is forestry. He has been in submarines for long enough in tight crammed space, now he is ready for some wide open space.

Today the movers are packing up all our stuff (and man can they pack fast and efficiently.) Today is the last day we will have internet until we get back to Utah next week so I'm hurrying to do one more post before I lose my internet connection. (Check back tomorrow because I will still be posting my Flashback Friday post). We have been watching all of our stuff being put back into boxes and I am so grateful with the amount of tme they gave us that I don't have to pack us up too. I am very grateful for the movers that have saved me that much more of my sanity.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I have been packing all day too, and my house doesn't look nearly like that. I need some packers! And some bigger boxes. I have all small boxes.

Nicola said...

WOW! I can't believe it is almost here! The packing looks great! I wish I had someone else to do all my packing when we moved the last three times. They do such a better job than we did. I hope that it all goes smoothly. I am so excited to see you all!!!

Miriam said...

Oh Wow. What an incredible change in your life. You'll have to call me when you get out here and we'll chat about it. I wish you the best of luck with your hubby finding a job and going to school.