Monday, June 14 - We got a surprise package in the mail today from my amazing (and very thoughtful) friend Nicola! She is seriously the best! I was so surprised, and my kids were SOOO excited. We were just getting ready to walk to the library and the mailman brought us a huge box. We opened up the box and found that she had made Kaylee and Gabby each a wall hanging in their favorite colors that say "I am a Daughter of God." My kids figured with the long ribbons they could wear them as a necklace. To make it even better the outfits they were wearing even matched the wall hangings. She also sent me some fun surprises for my b-day. Thanks Nic!

Tuesday, June 15 - The package from Nicola continues to be a huge hit. The girls found the bubble wrap that Nic used to wrap the wall hangings in. I love the hours of entertainment bubble wrap provides! They had so much fun!
Wednesday, June 16 - Oh how I wish this picture were real! I could really use a break like this every once in a while. This however was a "pretend" nap that lasted about 7 minutes before they were fully rested and energized for more playing.
Thursday, June 17 - My friend Nicole offered to take some pictures of my girls for Father's Day. She is so amazingly sweet and an excellent photographer. She got some cute pictures of my crazy kiddos. Check out her photography blog - Nicole Reich Photography. She takes pictures in Hawaii (but is from Utah, so now my Utah friends know what to look forward to)
Friday, June 16 - On Wednesday Nicole's little girl turned one! They invited us to join them for cake, ice cream, and a movie over at our neigborhood clubhouse. While we were there Zach (Nicole's husband) and Paul were teaching Kaylee how to play pool. It was so cute, and funny. I ended up babysitting for another of my friends so I didn't get to see mch of Kaylee playing before I was running off after kids.
Saturday, June 17 - After running a few errands, and getting some things done for the morning we headed up to the North Shore and went to Waimea Bay. We have passed this beach several times but it is always so incredibly busy we have never stopped to play. It was still super busy (especially with tourist season) but we found a place to park and went to enjoy a nice sunny (and occasionally rainy) day at the beach. I love family time at the beach.

2 comments:
Those wall hangings are adorable! And that beach looks super nice! I dont think we made it to that one either. Man.. Is it possible for me to be homesick for Hawaii?
Sorry it has taken me this long to have time to check out your blog and leave my comments. Still jealous of all your beaches. I guess we can go the the Great Salt Lake beaches together now, That will be nice (gag, gag)
I need to have you stock up on good deals for my kids. We barely own winter clothes, and they don't even put it on sale here either. You would think they would Blah!
That was so nice of Nicola to send you stuff. I wish I was that nice of a friend. Maybe we can do a party for you. Wait I am doing a party for your birthday, You just aren't going to be there. I'll be thinking of you all day though.
I absolutly LOVE the pictures! If she is in Utah, I'll have to have her take some for us.
Post a Comment