Monday, March 10, 2008

Easily Ammused!

I am always amazed at easily ammused kids can be. You can get them an amazing toy and they are more interested in the box...etc. Yesterday the girls were bored after church. They played in the play room for a while and then played the computer for a little bit. Paul and I have an agreement that I make dinner on weekdays and he does on the weekend. So, Paul went to make dinner and offered for the girls to help him make dough for rolls but at that point they were busy on the computer. Then he offered again when the dough had risen and it was time to make the rolls. They were bored of the computer by then so they both agreed to help. After they were done putting rolls on the pan Paul gave each of them some dough to form however they wanted...you would think they got the COOLEST new toy ever. They played with, rolled flat, tossed, and formed the dough for at least an hour and a half, and they were completely ammused the whole time. The only reason they stopped was because we had to eat dinner. It's funny the things kids find ammusing.



Lately I have been trying to do pilates everyday and Kaylee loves pilates. This morning I was talking to my mom about needing to go do pilates before I lost my motivation and Kaylee heard me from the other room and piped in: "I want to do pilates too!" She was still in her pajamas and needed to get her "Workout cothes" on before she could excersize. Her favorite pilates video is when she gets to do leg lifts and scissor kicks and stuff like that. I didn't mind because that is actually the easiest of the pilates videos I have. So, she got her workout clothes and we started doing pilates. She was even courteous enough to do some pilates for the camera. When I was almost done with my pilates she said "Whew! I thirsty...Mom, are you thirsty too? I'll get you a drink." It was so nice to have a cup of water waiting for me when I was done.

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Maybe that's the motivation I need, someone to do pilates with me. That's too funny, she does a good job though.

Nicola said...

I love it when kids get so excited to do the things we have a tendency to dread. Like laundry. It seems they enjoy it so much more than I do but they make it fun. Kaylee is so cute in her work out clothes.

Tiffany said...

Way to go Kaylee. You just have to keep her loving exercise for the next twenty years and she will be in better shape than all the rest of us. She is my HERO! I have found my motivation to try again. Five points to Kaylee!

The Eldredge's said...

That is so cute!!

The Eldredge's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.