Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sunset Beach and Ted's Bakery

My cousin's wife emailed my a few weeks ago about an assignment that her son was doing for school. He had to send "Flat Stanley" on a vacation to visit a friend/relative and get some pictures. We got Flat Stanley in the mail and were deciding where to take him. My sister Marla had requested some chewy pinapple candy from the Dole Pinapple Plantation so we figured that would be a good place to start.

Since we were already more than half-way up to the north shore we decided that we really wanted to go find a bakery that we kept hearing was the best bakery. So, we headed further north in search of Ted's Bakery. They are famous for their Chocolate Haupia Pies. We learned that Haupia is Coconut Pudding, so, it's a Chocolate Coconut Pudding Pie. I have one word to describe it: DELICIOUS!!!! That is THE BEST pie I have EVER had.

Ted's Bakery is right next to Sunset Beach. We decided to go to the beach for a while to play. I LOVE Sunset Beach! I have decided that it's my favorite beach along the north shore. It was lots of fun!

No comments: