Thursday, December 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Kaylee

Kaylee turned six on Christmas Eve!!! I can't believe I am old enough to already have a six-year-old. Kaylee loves that her birthday is on Christmas Eve, she loves all the festivities, and Christmas, and family, etc. For her birthday this year we went to my parent's house. Here's the basic rundown of what we did:

I brought sugar cones for the kids to make and decorate Christmas trees:
After they were done decorating we had our family Christmas Eve dinner, and then Kaylee was VERY, VERY anxious to open her birthday gifts:
Then, Roman decided to help try to wrap a gift:
Then came the cake. Every time we go to the grocery store Kaylee has been asking if she could PLEASE order a cake for her birthday. When it finally came time to think about cake she REALLY insisted the she wanted to order the cake at the bakery. So, she went and picked out her cake, and went to the bakery counter. She told the woman that she wanted the Cinderella cake, she wanted it to be chocolate cake with strawberry filling, and cream cheese frosting. Yes, she ordered it all by herself and it turned out lovely. Kaylee is NOT a big fan of cakes but she loved her birthday cake. She even found some princess wand candles (which were almost lost when it came time to do the cake).

1 comment:

The Eldredge's said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!! I hope it was great!!