Saturday, December 13, 2008

Cousin's Christmas Party

Today Kaylee and Gabby had a cousin's Christmas party for Paul's family. They were so excited to get an invitation in the mail just for them, and then go play with their cousins. It snowed all morning which made getting there interesting, but the kids had fun playing in the snow...wait...by kids, I mean Paul. He went running out in the snow and on the trampoline without a jacket and shoes! Crazy kid!
The kids all got to decorate graham cracker houses that Jess put together for them. Paul, Kaylee, and Gabby had so much fun decorating, and then eating all the candy off the table and off their houses. Paul had so much fun with the graham cracker houses that after he helped Gabby he helped Kyra with hers too.

Kaylee did an excellent job decorating and didn't want any help. As soon as she was done assembling the decor she started the demolition and was eating all the candy off that she had just put on.

Gabby was more interested in eating candy while Paul was decorating her house. She did get in on the decorating too.

Kyra was asleep while everyone was decorating their houses...so when she got up and started decorating, Paul started decorating too.

After decorating houses it was time for the gift exchange. The cousins do a book gift exchange and it's a lot of fun.
All the cousins with their books:

2 comments:

Jess said...

you are so good to have this posted already. I was a big lazy girl after the party. It was awesome! Thanks for coming up in the crappy weather, it was a really good party in my opinion. See ya Saturday for more family togetherness!

Nicola said...

That looks like it was a lot of fun! We are going to do gingerbread houses this year too I think. Although with the luck I am having with goodies, I am not sure they will turn out as cute as yours. I can't believe how grown up Kaylee is looking all of the sudden. That picture where she is decorating her house is killer. She is growing so fast!