Friday, October 17, 2008

Pumpkin Patch

Today a HUGE group came down to my house to go on an adventure to the Big Red Barn Pumpkin Patch. After everyone met up at our house we headed for the Big Red Barn. We started off with the Hay Ride over to the pumpkin patch, then we all split up to find our perfect pumpkins.

Paul took Gabby off to the "little" pumpkin section to find a pumpkin and I set off with Kaylee to find her one. Then somehow I found the perfect pumpkin that Gabby had been searching for so Kaylee went off with Paul to find her perfect "BIG" pumpkin.
Here's a picture of us after Paul found us all pumpkins and we were ready to head back to the hay ride:
After the pumpkin patch we headed back to my house for pizza (thanks Wendy for dinner) and then to carve (and paint) pumpkins. I thought the garage was probably the best place for the pumpkin mess to be so we set up a table out in the garage and got to work with our creativity. Paul helped Kaylee carve her jack-o-lantern (she didn't want anything fancy, just a funny face like jack-o-lanterns are supposed to have). Gabby wanted to paint her pumpkin "like a pirate" so away she went with the paint and her pumpkin. Marla got REALLY crafty with her pumpkin and carved a spider web and spider.

Thank you to everyone that came down and went with us! We had tons of fun and we are looking forward to our next grand adventure.

3 comments:

Miriam said...

That looks like lots of fun. I want to go to a pumpkin patch with my kids and pick pumpkins. We usually just pick them at the grocery store. I'm glad you had such a fun time.

Nicola said...

How fun!!!! Looks like you all had a blast. I love Gabby's pumpkin. It is very original. I love fall and pumpkin patches are so much fun. Your girls look so happy to be out and about!

The Eldredge's said...

That looks like so much fun!! I have been wanting to go to the pumpkin patch here but we haven't had a chance yet! I love the cool light in the pumpkin!!