Saturday, May 3, 2008

Zion National Park

Here's a shocker!!! Paul got Friday, Saturday and Sunday off this weekend! This is the 3rd weekend in a row that he has had off. Paul REALLY wanted to camping this weekend but my sister borrowed our tent, and all the camping spots at Zion National Park were completely full. He did find a cabin at Zions that was available. So, Friday afternoon after picking Kaylee up from school we headed to Zion National Park.


Kaylee and Gabby thought it was so fun staying at this cabin.
First thing this morning we hurried and ate breakfast and started our day of exploring and hiking. Overall, the girls did really well hiking. I had to remind them several times not to walk on the edge of the cliff, but honestly I was stressed even when they were on the complete opposite side of the trail from the dropoff. Our first hike was to the emerald pools since it was right outside the cabin we stayed at.
Some very nice hikers offered to take our picture as a family along the trail.
After a while Kaylee was really tired from walking (Gabby got Paul to carry her on his shoulders) and kept saying "I think this would be a good place to sit for a picture" just so she could sit and rest for a minute.
The girls (and Paul's) favorite thing was the water...whether it was a river, waterfall, dripping from rocks...if it was water they thought it was great and that it SHOULD be played in. While the kids were playing in the water I snapped a few more shots of the scenery.
At weeping rock Kaylee thought it was funny to take a shower in the dripping water.
Cove Fort
On our way home the girls were sick of being in the car and ready either to go to bed or get out for a few minutes. We decided to stop at Cove Fort and take a little tour of the fort. I have been there tons of times but Paul had never been. As the missionaries were giving us the tour the girls wanted the tour to speed up and kept saying "I want to go to the next room now."


It was fun to get out and get away from our regular every weekend stuff. Especially since Paul doesn't get many weekends off. Hopefully since we made the kids hike from 9:00 to 3:45 they will sleep REALLY well tonight.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Even though it was a quick trip it looks like you had lots of fun. Just remember to invite us next time!! Yellowstone is going to be fun! And we need to try to get a few other trips in this year if we can.

The Eldredge's said...

That looks like lots of fun! It's funny I lived in Utah most of my life and have never been to Zions!! I'm glad you guys were able to have some weekend family time!!

Nicola said...

Looks like you had a blast. We've never actually been to Zions, I guess we should since we live here. When do you go to Yellowstone? And when you and Wendy plan on going on vacation again let us know....we want to come. Are we still up for disneyland if we can ever find the time? (=