Saturday, May 17, 2008

Stephanie Meyer Book Signing

My lil sis Brenda and her sis-in-law Catherine
(Catherine took a pic of me there...I'll see if I can get it and put it up here.)


Yesterday my little sis, Brenda, called me and said that she had an extra ticket to a book signing event with Stephanie Meyer...She figured I just finished the Twilight series and loved it so I would probably like to go with her and her sis-in-law. I convinced my little sis, Marla, and her roommate, Tiffany, to come babysit for me and I went to the book event. I decided I'm a bit pathetic when it comes to the Twilight books...I went on line and read all the outtakes from the books, looked at pictures, read midnight sun, etc. But, I'm not NEARLY as pathetic as some of the people who were there. Some people camped OVERNIGHT to get a good seat even though they had a ticket, once they were inside they took pictures of themselves standing at the microphone like they were speaking at the event, they dressed up, screamed any time they thought they saw Stephanie (even if it wasn't), etc. I got to the event about 20 minutes before it started (thanks Brenda for saving me a seat) and took a few pictures from where we sat. I feel a lot better that I don't get to carried away with books.


Anyway, not only did Brenda call and invite me to an event that has been sold out since it went on sale, but she also handed me a copy of The Host and said "Don't worry about paying me back, Happy Birthday." Thanks Brenda for a wonderful b-day gift, and thanks for inviting me to go.


Stephanie didn't talk about the twilight series much. She did say that Breaking Dawn is the last book in Bella's story, but she may go back and write the books from other character perspectives. She answered a lot of questions about The Host, and life in general as a mother and writer. Going to this event and listening to her talk about things only makes me enjoy her books much more. She is an amazing person as well as an amazing writer.

2 comments:

Jess said...

That is so cool! I started reading The Host, and it's really good. She is a great author! I can't wait for Breaking Dawn and for the Twilight movie.

Jordan and Elaine's Family said...

That's neat that you got to go! I am border-line obsessive with her books, but am trying to stay on the sane side of things. :)
Enjoy The Host. I thought it was great.