Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekly Review 2011 - January 16-22

Sunday, January 16 - Happy Birthday to my little sister Brenda! We went to my parent's house to celebrate my little sister's birthday. While we were there one of my nephews made the comment that big people(adults) could do the splits better than kids can. I told Marla that if she did the splits then I would take a picture. The closest thing I had to me was my phone so it's not the greatest picture.

Monday, January 17 - It was Martin Luther King Jr. Day and so there was no school, and Paul didn't have school or work. Kaylee and Gabby were going to go over to our neighbor's house for a play day but Sunday afternoon their furnace broke so I volunteered for her girls to come over to my house instead. They had fun playing all morning with legos, crafts, and dress up clothes. After lunch their mom came over to get her girls and ended up taking my girls for a few hours. They had a fun all-day play date.

Tuesday, January 18 - Tuesday started out with a bang. I was on the phone with my little sister Marla while she was on break at work and she was driving over to the gas station to get her co-worker a drink. All of the sudden she wasn't there but I could still hear some noises in the background and then the next thing I heard was a man's voice asking if she was okay and if she could turn off her car and if she could get out. I was totally freaking out! I didn't know if she had gotten in an accident, or pulled over or what had happened. I didn't dare hang up the phone and Marla picked up the phone a minute later. I asked her what happened and she said she didn't know. I asked her if she had hit something, or if someone hit her and she was really dazed and didn't know what to tell me. I asked her where she was and after a few seconds she responded that she was near the Smith's grocery store by her work. I told her I would be there in 10 minutes and jumped in my car (with my kids) and was on my way. When I got near that area I looked for cop cars and saw them in the gas station parking lot. As I pulled in the parking lot I realized that what Marla had hit was the front door of the gas station. It had shattered and part of the brick wall was broken as well. She had a blackout seizer while heading toward the gas station parking lot. A blackout seizer is when your body doesn't seize, but your brain does and your brain shuts down for a bit and when she comes back from it she has some memory problems, and doesn't know what happened or where she is. She hasn't had one in a very long time and it was REALLY freaky! So, she had a blackout seizure and ran into the front of the gas station. In the process of freaking out, and trying to figure things out I didn't get a picture of what happened. She wasn't going very fast, and no one was hurt. Her air bags went off, and her car lost the bumper, and the insurance company totalled her car, but everyone is okay!

So, that is my story of the day, and since I didn't get a picture to go with my story I have a picture of my dog Falkor sitting in his favorite spot in the kitchen, on the step stool.

Wednesday, January 19 - My kids LOVE playing with Legos, they get very creative (which I love) and are always making something new. Gabby brought this little guy into me to show me her little Lego Man.

Thursday, January 20 - One of my kids favorite places to go is the library. A whole building full of books! New stories, adventures, and things to read and imagine! We went to the library and Gabby found 6 books and a movie to check out, Kaylee found 16 new chapter books to read.

Friday, January 21 - We decided to have a family night out and took the kids to see the new Chronicles of Narnia movie: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Before the movie started the girls were playing around in the games/arcade area at the theater and I decided to get some tokens and let them play a game of air hockey. They had some much fun, and it was just as fun watching them hit the hockey puck back and forth.

Saturday, January 22 - You gotta love a Saturday with not much to do, where you can just enjoy the day, and...look out the front window with the dog. Paul and Falkor were checking on what was going on out in the neighborhood...a whole lot of nothing.

No comments: