Sunday, May 2, 2010

Weekly Review - April 25-May 1

Sunday, April 25 - I got a new calling at church. I am now the 12-13 year-old's sunday school teacher. The kids stared at me blankly and I felt like I was talking to myself. After church we went to Bellows Beach and took a nice long walk on the beach and played in the ocean. Paul had so much fun diving off the rocks into the waves.

Monday, April 26 - The weather is generally really nice in Hawaii, and if it's pouring rain all you have to do is wait a few minutes and the sun will come out. We really enjoy going on walks around the neighborhood.

Tuesday, April 27 - Now that we have homeschool (I really should write a whole post about homeschooling...) it's been really nice that when we are done the kids go upstairs and play quietly in the playroom until dinner.

Wednesday, April 28 - My cousin Allison and her husband Brian came to Hawaii on vacation. They called to see if we wanted to go to the Aloha Stadium swap meet with them. It was fun looking at all the vendor booths.

Thursday, April 29 - Gabby is so easy to please for lunch...especially now that she loves PB&J sandwiches.

Friday, April 30 - What a DAY!! What an adventure! (a very frustrating adventure) I took Gabby to the doctor for her 5 year-old well child check-up and she was so well behaved...right up until the nurse came to weigh her and check her vitals. Then, she decided she didn't want ANYTHING to do with being at the doctor. They managed to weigh her, and check her height and then Gabby REFUSED to cooperate. The doctor couldn't look at her, she wouldn't even talk to the doctor. They ended up asking me to reschedule the appointment and hopefully Gabby would be more cooperative. GRRRRR!!!! After our frustration at the doctor we stopped by the library and it jut so happened to be storytime. The girls were thrilled and were perfect angels...why couldn't Gabby have been that happy at the doctor?!?

Saturday, May 1 - Paul wanted to go to the beach, and I wanted P.F. Chang's for dinner. So, we went to Waikiki beach since that's where P.F. Chang's is. I had so much fun watching the tourists, it was so entertaining. There were people that were well done and crispy yet they were still laying out on the beach, others that looked like they had never seen the ocean in their entire lives, and there was a girl that tried to take her slush drink paddle surfing with her and she looked as if she had never touched a surfboard in her entire life so I don't know how she thought she was going to do it with a drink in her hand. I'm pretty sure that cup ended up in the ocean somewhere.

No comments: