Saturday, May 1, 2010

Waikiki Beach

Paul wanted to go to the beach, and I wanted P.F. Chang's for dinner. So, we went to Waikiki beach since that's where P.F. Chang's is. I had so much fun watching the tourists, it was so entertaining. There were people that were well done and crispy yet they were still laying out on the beach, others that looked like they had never seen the ocean in their entire lives, and there was a girl that tried to take her slush drink paddle surfing with her and she looked as if she had never touched a surfboard in her entire life so I don't know how she thought she was going to do it with a drink in her hand. I'm pretty sure that cup ended up in the ocean somewhere.

As we were walking to P.F. Chang's from the beach there was a table set up with some beautiful leis on it. We learned that May 1st is lei day. Each of the girls got a plumeria flower to put in their hair (I didn't get one because of my allergies)

At P.F. Chang's we were so surprised that there was no wait for a table...on a Saturday night...in Waikiki...it was a VERY nice surprise. Gabby and Kaylee both decided to test their skills on eating with chopsticks. They did pretty well.

No comments: