Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Long Lost Friend

About a week and a half ago my brother called me from a cookie social after church at his singles ward...kinda wierd and random...I know. He said "Guess who I found at my singles ward? I'll just hand them the phone and if they want they can tell you who they are." Even more wierd? Yes...My brother is random, and wierd but I still love him. The person picked up the phone and said "Hi Becky, this is Melinda." I almost DIED!!! I was so excited. She was one of my absolute very best friends in elementary, middle, and high school!!! Then she got married (to a control freak) and I never heard from her again...only to find out that she only lived an hour away from me in Washington...WHAT? My best friend lived in Washington?!?!? and I didn't even know!!! Okay, so I haven't seen her in about 7 years, and I haven't talked to her in 6 years...and there she is at my brother's singles ward. I was going to my parent's house for the weekend, so she came over and visited with me for a couple hours. It was so much fun seeing her again. I would love to see her a lot more now that I know where she is!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Oh my heck, I haven't seen Melinda since I was in Young Women's! You two look great! If I get to go to Hawaii and you're there, I'll have to come say hi! If I bring Isaac, I bet he'd love to play with your girls!