Sunday, September 14, 2008

Cinderella and Sleeping "Cutie"




I am NOT a big fan of Halloween. I love that kids get to dress up and play, and I love autumn (Harvest, leaves, etc.) I do not like gross mummys, vampires, tricks, or sending my kids around begging for candy. I like the halloween parties at school that have cute costumes...but I have to say that Halloween is probably my least favorite holiday of the year. My kids dress up all the time anyway. Halloween is a good excuse for them to get a new costume and for them to wear it to school. I don't mind kids trick-or-treating to my house, I just feel like I'm kinda teaching my kids it's okay to go door-to-door to beg for candy (or other things). Maybe I'm just wierd but that's how I feel about halloween.

The last couple of months Gabby has really been into Sleeping "Cutie"...that's right, she is no longer Sleeping Beauty, she is now Sleeping "Cutie" according to Gabby, and if you call her Sleeping Beauty chances are that you will be corrected. It is also "Cutie and the Beast." So, since Gabby has been so into anything Sleeping Beauty I bought her a dress, crown, and shoes.

Kaylee's favorite princess is Cinderella. If it is anything that has to do with Cinderella she loves it. She was Cinderella for Halloween last year but she informed me that she would like to be Cinderella again this year. I pulled out her dress and tried it on her and it fits perfectly. I bought her some new shoes and now she's set.

Now we have Sleeping "Cutie" and Cinderella. We are also going to the Disney on Ice show and I told the girls that they could wear their princess dresses to Disney on Ice (They were beyond thrilled!). Kaylee wants to have a princess party for her birthday this year with princess dresses so they are going to wear these dresses for that too. So, these dresses will be well used this year and I am really excited about it.

2 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

What gorgeous princesses!! I love the Sleeping "Cutie" thing that is adorable!! Your girls are so cute!!

Samantha Kennicott said...

I am not the hugest Halloween fan, either. I like when kids dress up cute, but the gorey costumes freak me out. Who wants to see a little kid with fake blood all over them? Your girls, however, look very adorable. :)