Friday, September 12, 2008

State Fair

Ever since I was really little we have gone to the state fair just about every year. This year was no exception...Paul and Spencer have been super busy at work, so Wendy and I took our kids to the fair. The kids were so excited about going to the fair, it made me even more excited to go. We started by walking around all the exhibits (Crafts, photography, art, etc.) and then the booths. We found a funny carrot board to put faces in...so Kaylee, Gabby, and I put our faces in (Roman was asleep in his stroller).
We found this cool car in the Mount Olympus water booth. Gabby was Totally posing...it was so cute.

Below: This is one of my kids absolute favorite places to go at the fair. It's "Little Hands on the Farm." The kids have to perform a bunch of farm tasks and then go to market and they get a fake dollar to spend at the store. It's really cute and fun. The only problem this year was that there were a bunch of older kids (tweens) that were totally trompling the little kids.


Below: This is their other favorite thing to do at the fair. They absolutely love the pony rides. I got a cute video that I will see if I can put in here too (Wendy will have to help me with that part).

This is one of Kaylee's absolute favorite people. She has even told him that if he doesn't marry Tiffany she is going to marry him....I don't think that will work out (She's 5 and he's like 23). This is Kaylee's "Bestest Boy" Steve (and yes, my kids love him). He is my brother Chris' mission companion from his mission in Mississippi, and Marla's roommate Tiffany's boyfriend...Congrats Steve! You made it onto my blog.

Anyway...We met up with Marla, Tiffany (Marla's roommate), Chris, and Steve just before we were ready to leave the fair and went on the big yellow slide with them. The kids each got to go twice with different people. Gabby went with me and then Marla, and Kaylee went with Steve and then Chris.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Looks like ya'all had fun. I don't think our family ever went to the fair. I always wanted to. Now I know what I have been miss'n.

Jess said...

this is our third year living up here during fair time and the third time we haven't gone. NEXT year will be the year!

The Eldredge's said...

That looks like it was a blast!! I think my family went to the state fair once when I was a kid. I have always wanted to go again! They have a huge one here this year but it is the weekend of the General Relief Society Broadcast so I can't go. Maybe next year though!!

Miriam said...

Wow I had no idea there was that much cool stuff at the fair. All I remember from the fair is the animals. I almost went but wasn't feeling well. Maybe I'll make an effort to go next year.