Saturday, July 19, 2008

What a crazy day!

Yesterday was such a whirlwind day! It started when we left our house at 8:00 a.m. and ended when we got home at 8:15 p.m. So, here's the short version of my day (followed by the longer version): Drag Kaylee out of bed (I literally dragged her out of bed and onto the floor before she got up)(Spanish Fork), Take Paul to work (Provo), stop at Krispy Kreme for doughnuts (Orem), Go to Wendy's house to get ready and pick her up(Taylorsville), Stop at gas station to get drinks(Taylorsville), Stop at Costco to get gas (Murray), Drop off some casual clothes to Spencer (Wendy's Husband) at work (Salt Lake City), Go to my Sis-in-law Jess' house(Rose-Park/SLC), Go to Nicola's house to eat lunch and color pictures (Kaysville), Go over to the Treehouse Museum (Ogden), Go to a family picnic (Uintah), Pick Paul up from work (Provo), Wander around Dollar Tree while we wait for Paul to be done working (Provo), FINALLY home to give the girls a super fast bath and put them to bed (Spanish Fork).


So, there's the run-down of what we did. After all our morning stuff that I mentioned above we went over to Nicola's house where she so kindly fed us lunch before we all headed over to the Treehouse Museum. The museum was really busy and it was a challenge keeping track of all the kids running around but we managed to keep track of them all. Here's a few of the things they did at the museum (When they were standing still long enough to get pictures of them.)

They all started out in the fire engine but they didn't sit very still there. The pictures I got were of kids everywhere. Gabby found a "river" with stepping-stones and jumped on those for a few minutes.



There was a little school-house and all the kids had fun taking turns being the teacher and students. Kaylee found a stone painting station that you could paint designs on the stone with water.

Then, Kaylee and Noelle found the baby center where you could pretned to be doctors. Gabby and Adam found an activity table with all sort of different games.


Kaylee and Gabby took their opportunity to be the president in the oval office for a minute. (At this point maybe they should run for office. I would rather vote for them.)



There was a music room with lots of different percusion instruments. Kaylee loved this one and played it almost the whole time we were in that room.


At the castle Gabby dressed up as a knight and even found the right seat to sit in for a knight. Kaylee wanted to be the queen but couldn't find the dress. They found all sorts of fun things in the castle to play with.


The kids had tons of fun at the Treehouse Museum. They have already asked me when they can go back. We LOVE going out with Nicola and her kids, and Wendy, and Roman. When we were getting close to be done Marla called to tell us we needed to hurry because she was already at the family picnic and wanted us to hurry and come over (because she was bored and she thinks we aren't boring). We tried to hurry but it wasn't fast enough for Marla...she kept texting saying to hurry.

So, we made it over to the Uintah Park for our family party/picnic and the kids immediately found the playground. My aunt and uncle were visiting from California and hosted the wonderful party. We had a catered dinner, there were kids activities (hats to decorate, bubble blower, squirt guns, etc.), and lots of people to visit. We had so much fun visiting family that I haven't seen in way to long. I had planned to leave there by 6:00 to get the kids home and to bed on time. I finally made it out of there at about 6:45 but it was fun and worth it.


Now, I'm ready for a nice calm day...not going anywhere, and hopefully getting stuff done around the house.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Yesterday really was a crazy day, but it was fun! Thanks for being our driver again. We love going out with you and your girls and nic and her kids too. Some of our favorite outings. I loved that museum, and it will be perfect for Kaylee's birthday party with all 120 of her friends! :)

Nicola said...

The museum was a blast. I still need to send you the pics that I took of your girls. It is on my to do list so do not despair. (= It looks liek you had a blast at the picnic. Glad that even though the day was crazy, it was good. (= We should totally meet at Wendy's pool for our next "play date".

Heather said...

Cute little family! You sound very busy! How old are your girls? My boy is 4. So, I noticed you love Twilight just about as much as I do!!!! And Disneyworld, I'm going in September for their preschool time and free dining plan time. We totally live at opposite sides of the valley! I live up Weber Canyon and you're clear in Spanish Fork?

Cute little girls!!! Congrats!