Friday, July 11, 2008

Puppy update

Thank you everyone for all the name ideas for our new puppy. I also appreciate the advice (any other doggy advice is welcome). We decided to name our puppy Bella. This name (or some form of it) was suggested a few times and I think it's cute and fits her...but, the deciding factor was my conversation with Kaylee. Our conversation went something like this:

Me: We are NOT naming the puppy princess. There are too many princesses around here already.

Kaylee: Well how about...(deep in thought)...Ballerina?

Me: How about Bella? That's kinda like ballerina.

Kaylee: YEAH!!! I love that name!!!

So, Bella for the name was a huge hit. She has been a very good puppy. While she has been on my watch she hasn't had any accidents in the house. Even when I left her all day to take the girls to gymnastics, and then Ikea, and my grandma's. I got home and her crate was still dry and she went outside. Paul, for some reason, has not been so lucky. Every time he is watching her and I'm not in the room she has had an accident. I'm still learning as I go along but she is such a sweet puppy that it has made it easier to learn things. Any more puppy advice is welcome (and needed).

2 comments:

Nicola said...

So glad that things are going smoothly! Sounds like she is such a wonderful puppy. We can't wait to meet her! And Bella is a beautiful name.

The Eldredge's said...

I love love love that name it is too cute!! I also love how girly your girls are princess, ballerina etc. so cute!!! Hope you have fun with the puppy!!