Saturday, April 26, 2008

Family Picnic

Today was a family picnic with Paul's family. We were all going to meet at the park and have a picnic at the pavillion there but when we got to the park it was Freezing cold and the wind was blowing pretty hard. We walked around the park for a few minutes to see if we could find a place where the wind wasn't blowing so much but we ended up ditching the park idea and went to Paul's grandparent's house for the picnic instead.

Before we left the park the kids wanted to go across the bridge and look at the stream.
As we left the park to head for the car the girls and Paul formed a train.
Paul went in the back yard to play blocks with Gabby...but Gabby enjoyed watching Paul play with the blocks instead.
Gabby and her cousin Kyra were pretty quick to find the empty vegetable garden and use it as a sandbox.
John Tyler we quick to find his way up the tree.
The other kids found the trees too. (Yep, Paul's one of the kids that found the trees)

5 comments:

Nicola said...

What great pictures. It looks like you had a lot of fun. I think Kel would have been up the tree too...what is it about climbing trees? Oh and I love the train!

Wendy said...

I have to agree whole heartedly with Nicola's post. Almost exactly what I was going to say. Love the train, and Spencer would have been up the tree too. . .guys just think they are kids forever. I also like the last picture of Gabs in the tree. . .She doesn't look quite sure about it

The Eldredge's said...

How fun!! Has the weather been as finicky there as it has here? One day it's 80 degrees the next it's snowing? It is driving me crazy!! I keep promising Kennadee we'll go to the park and then it's too cold. Well it looks like you guys had lots of fun anyway!! Cute pics!!

Jess said...

Looks like fun! Anna was sad she didn't get to go. She wanted to play with Kaylee. We need to get together sometime. Maybe when you get your haircut you can come up and see us?

Miriam said...

Looks like lots of fun. I miss climbing trees. Your kids are really getting big.