Friday, April 11, 2008

What do you tell kids?



Tonight while Kaylee and Gabby were eating dinner they looked out the window and asked "What's that?" I walked over and looked out the window to find a dead squirrel or chipmunk or something on the sidewalk just outside the back door...Now what am I supposed to tell them? I told them that it was a squirell laying on the sidewalk.

After a few minutes they were still eating their dinner and Kaylee informed me "I think the squirrel was probably sleeping in the tree and fell off the branch it was sleeping on. Then, it was so tired that even when it fell out it still stayed asleep." I decided I would just agree and move on with life...I mean really...What am I supposed to tell her?

As far as the update with the fish that jumped the bowl...It's been over a week now and all I did was put the bowl away. We didn't get a new fish and the girls never even noticed. At this point I think they might think it's funny too.

What is with all these wierd animal things happening?

2 comments:

Nicola said...

Poor sleeping squirrel. LOL...I think that is a better way to describe what happened instead of having to deal with the whole death thing. Kaylee has the best imagination. Hey are we still on for this week?

Tanya said...

That squirrel was sure tired. I laughed so hard when I read this
story.