Friday, February 1, 2008

Thursday with Wendy

Yesterday Wendy came to visit us and scrapbook with me since Spencer had to work in Provo and was driving all the way down here anyway. We had quite the day with tired and grumpy kids. None of them had enough sleep but for the morning they all did pretty well. We decided to go to the mall to shop for b-day presents and before we left Wendy was helping me do the girls hair.

Wendy had done her hair in 2 braids to come to my house, so Kaylee wanted her hair in 2 braids. Then Wendy figured Gabby's hair was probably long enough now to do braids in her hair too. I have gotten her hair into 2 full pigtails but I have never attempted braids. To my surprise Wendy got her hair into braids and they turned out really cute. So, finally, at almost 3 years old Gabby's hair is FINALLY long enough to do something with.


After we got home from the mall we were scrapbooking; I was holding Roman and all of the sudden he spit up everywhere (except on me). He got it all over his outfit and was soaked but somehow he managed to miss me completely. Wendy hadn't packed an extra outfit so I dug through a box of clothes and found a boys summer outfit that would fit him. It had a sailboat on it and said "Captain" on it so I thought is would be funny to give him the little people boat captain.

But, after we had him changed and playing again Wendy remembered that we had found some pajamas at the mall on clearance that she bought for him and they were a lot warmer than the summer outfit. They were from Gap and came packaged with a bow around them so Wendy and I got funny and put it on him as a headband.

3 comments:

The Eldredge's said...

I am so jealous that you can put braids in Gabby's hair!! I can barely get Kennadee's hair in pigtails!! I really wish her hair would grow!!

Nicola said...

I love the braids!!!! She looks so cute! I can't believe how old she is getting. And the picture of Roman with the bow on his head can't be beat. He is getting big too. You are lucky to be able to spend time with your sister!

Wendy said...

this is so last week! You need to come to my house so you can get more adorable pictures to post.