Monday, June 13 - SPRING CLEANING! I have been cleaning, de-junking, and getting a huge amount of stuff together to have a nice HUGE yard sale in a few weeks. I am getting rid of so much stuff I am not sure why I have hauled around the country, and over the ocean and back. I got the kids play room closet so nicely organized, and their games stacked neatly where they can reach them. I can't wait to get rid of all this extra stuff, and have that much more space in the house.
Tuesday, June 14 - The kids had their summer gymnastics class today. They LOVE gymnastics, and I LOVE their new couch. Their couch is amazing at teaching, and so patient with kids. One of Kaylee and Gabby's favorite thing to do is to walk down the beam and jump into the foam pit at the end.

Wednesday, June 15 - It was the member's only time slot at the children's museum today. Since we have a membership I decided to take advantage of the membership time slot and go check out the new summer exhibit. There is a "Play" exhibit with a bunch of life size games: Billiards, Dominoes, Bowling, Foos-Ball, and a few others. We pretty much had the exhibit to ourselves, and the girls had fun playing the life size games. After we played in the summer exhibit for a bit we went and played in the kid-size town, and the helicopter, before heading out just as it was opening to general admission, and getting pretty busy.


Thursday, June 16 - This last winter and spring there has been record rain and snow levels, and a lot of concern about flooding. The rivers are running extremely high, and some are over their banks. We went to Murray Park to see how the river was there and we got to watch the firefighters practicing swift water rescue in the river through the park. We walked around the park and saw how high the river was through the different areas of the park, and talked about water safety.

Friday, June 17 - Paul got home from work Friday afternoon and did a basic tune-up on our lawn-mower and got to work at mowing the lawn. Gabby also did a quick basic tune-up to her lawn-mower (she added bubbles) and got to work helping Paul mow the lawn. She followed just behind him with her bubble mower.

Saturday, June 18 - We got up and headed to downtown Salt Lake to go to the Farmer's Market, and then over to the Chalk Art Festival. We drew our own pictures in the kid's corner section of the chalk art festival, and then walked around to look at the artists drawing pictures. We saw some absolutely amazing drawings as we walked around to the different artists.

No comments:
Post a Comment