Sunday, March 28, 2010

Weekly Review March 21-28

I haven't been doing very well at my weekly review post since I got to Hawaii because of how busy my life has been. Due to popular demand (or request however you would like to put it), it seems that people like this post on my blog. I am going to try to get back into doing my weekly post because I really enjoy seeing our weekly review as well. I thought about going back further than this past week...but decided that I will just start with this week, and maybe do some back posts if I have time later.

Sunday, March 21 - After going to church we had a nice relaxing day at home, sat out on the patio, and had a nice relaxing day.

Monday, March 22 - Kaylee and Gabby started swim class at the outdoor pool on base. It was a nice, sunny day all day long...until we got to swim class then it started pouring rain. Kaylee didn't mind, she figured that she already had her swimsuit on, the rain wouldn't hurt her. Gabby did NOT like the rain at all. She got out of the pool and would not get back in. I ended up stting in the car with her until Kaylee was done with class.

Tuesday, March 23 - Another day of swimming classes. We had a hard time convincing Gabby to go to class in her swimsuit but once we were there the teacher was able to talk her into the pool since it was a nice sunny day out. She liked it and was excited to go down the slide until she went under the water as she came off the slide. Then she didn't like swimming class again.

Wednesday, March 24 - Kaylee has LOVED going to swimming class. She has loved just about everything about it...except the rule about staying agaist the wall when the teacher is out with someone else. She just wants to head out and play...not stay against the wall. She also loves going down the slide at the end of class.

Thursday, March 25 - Happy Birthday Gabby! My baby girl turned FIVE-YEARS-OLD!!! How did that time fly by so fast? For her b-day we made cupcakes, went to swimming class, opened presents, went to The Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner, and talked to Grandma and Papa on Skype. It was a fun, busy day.

Friday, March 26 - After a crazy week we stayed home, despite Paul's best attepts to convince the girls to go out and do something, we stayed home. On Wednesday we spent over 5 hours getting my car registed with Hawaii plates so the kids just wanted some play time at home. So, my pic of the day is my new Hawaii plates on my car because it seriously took forever jumping through hoops to get new plates on my car.

Saturday, March 27 - Gabby's only request for her birthday this year was that she wanted to go camping. She has been talking about camping for her birthday for months. This weekend we went to Bellow's Beach and went camping.

Sunday, March 28 - After camping at Bellows Beach when we went to the beach to play we were prety much the only people on the beach. It was fun building sandcatles, playing in the ocean, relaxing with a good book, etc.

1 comment:

Nicola said...

Wow you have been busy! I am so jealous it looks so beautiful. I am so going to have to figure out a way to come and visit you. I love this weekly blog post thing. I need to start doing this. Maybe it would actually get me blogging again. We miss you tons and are glad you are all enjoying the amazing Hawaii weather!