Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day!

Yesterday was another fun filled day...but it was really missing something. I was missing Paul BIG TIME. I think the 4th of July is my favorite holiday, but part of the reason it's my favorite is because of Paul. First of all he's a big time pyro and LOVES, LOVES, Loves fireworks, secondly he's big time into BBQ and cooking and loves to put on an excellent BBQ, and third because he is the sexiest sailor in the US Navy and loves his country so much that he is willing to defend our freedom. Paul is the most amazing sailor, father, husband, and just all around the best guys ever! He has been gone for other holidays before and it wasn't so bad. But, this is Paul's holiday!!! Everything about the forth of July reminds me of Paul (well, except Parades because he doesn't enjoy them, but I love them!).

So, besides missing Paul here's the things we did for the Forth of July. We had our family BBQ at Wendy and Spencer's house. It was complete with Family (except Paul), Watermelon, and Potato Salad. After the BBQ we went to the Sandy City celebration. They have their parade in the evening (which I think is a brilliant idea) leading up to the fireworks. I love 4th of July parades! Before the parade Wendy and I took the kids over to the inflatables area and let them play for a few minutes. Then we went and sat down ready for the parade to begin. We sat on the curb and ate cotton candy, and collected candy that people in the parade were throwing, and enjoyed the entertainment.

After the parade was over we headed out to my parent's house for a family fireworks show. This is the part that is usually Paul's specialty...but without Paul there Marla, Spencer, and Israel put on a pretty good fireworks display. Also, my parent's neighbors have a HUGE show every year with a trailer full of fireworks (like thousands of dollars worth probably). So, it was a pretty good show.

1 comment:

The Eldredge's said...

So fun!! I'm sorry you are missing your hubby!! That's really gotta suck!! I hope you guys can sell your house soon so you can be with him again!!