Tuesday, August 19, 2008

First day of Preschool

Gabby didn't want her picture taken...she wanted to get in the car to go to school.

The back of her hair. I did it in braids and linked the braids.


Today was Gabby's first day of preschool. Yesterday I had a hard time getting Kaylee to hold still to let me take some pictures. She just wanted to get to her class. Today, Gabby was good about letting me take a bunch of pictures. I even got Kaylee to sit still long enough to get one with both of them together. It was harder for me to send Gabby off today than it was to send Kaylee to Kindergarten yesterday. Kaylee has been going to school for a while now with preschool, but this was Gabby's first time going to school. She was thrilled! Last year every time I dropped Kaylee off Gabby wanted to stay to play...now I told her she could stay! While both the girls were at school I went on some errands. It felt SOOOO weird with no kids. I went to the grocery store and felt really weird walking around by myself, then I sat in the waiting room getting my oil changed all by myself. When I picked the girls up from school Gabby was peeking out the classroom door when I got there, but not at all in a hurry to leave. She had so much fun. Both Kaylee and Gabby were so eager to tell me about what they did at school that I had to designate whose turn it was to talk. They both had singing time today. They played with rhythm sticks and instruments and Gabby had kitchen time to learn the kitchen rules. There is a turtle in the science room that I heard A LOT about (what it eats, where it lives if it didn't live in a cage, what it does when it's scared, etc.) I am so happy to see both my kids so eager and excited about school and learning.

6 comments:

Tiffany said...

I wouldn't know what to do with myself. If you ever get too bored I can always lend you a kid or two to keep you busy. I guess it is time to start picking up some new hobbies or restarting old ones

Jess said...

looks like she had a great time! You will love having time to yourself and it helps you appreciate your kids more cuz you will miss them so much. Our school starts on Monday and I am so excited, and so are they!

The Eldredge's said...

That is awesome!! I'm so glad Gabby was able to start school that is so fun!! It is weird to go places without kids. Once when Russell and I went on a date we stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home and I kept putting my hand on the cart when I would turn away because I was so used to making sure Kennadee was okay!! Enjoy your free time!!

Miriam said...

I'll bet she loves it. How fun. Max and Ruth used to cry when I dropped Kate off at preschool last year and I didn't let them get out and go play. We'll see what they do this year.

Nicola said...

Wow! FREEDOM!!!! Just kidding. i think I would go through withdrawls if all my kids were gone. I am glad that Gabby is having a great time. (=

The Hunt Family said...

What a WAY Cute blog. Your girls are dolls. I have added you to my list...I can't wait to read yours on my weekly visits. Take Care.
Heather