Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Polar Express

Every year at Christmas my family goes to a Voicemale concert together. This year my parents still wanted to do that, but they also wanted to do something with the grandkids. My dad came up with the idea to take all the grandkids out on the Heber Valley Railroad Polar Express ride. Since the train ride didn't start until 7:30 Wendy decided not to take Roman, which ended up being good since he was sick all day yesterday. The rest of us all met together at my parent's house and then headed up to Heber. We ate a quick dinner and then headed over the the train station.

The kids were all really excited to go on the Polar Express. My kids have had me read the book to them everyday for the past week so they would be ready. The kids got to see Mrs. Claus before we got on the train. Once we were on the train we listened to some Christmas music, the elves handed out cookies and Hot Chocolate, and they read the Polar Express book. Then we got to the North Pole and Santa got on the train and talked to each of the kids. On the way back from the North Pole we sang Christmas carols, and listened to elves jokes. They also let anyone who wanted to get up and tell jokes or do something go up. I guess Kaylee either forgot that she was shy in front of large groups of people or somehow quickly got over it because she got up to the microphone TWICE!!! The first time she wanted everyone to sing "Jingle Bells", the second time she got up and told a joke that she made up...it went something like this "What did Santa say when he got home? ... I'm Ho Ho Home."

It was fun seeing the kids excited on the train and using their imagination. Thank you mom and dad for taking the kids. I know this is something the kids will be talking about for a very long time. Kaylee even said "This is the best day ever!"
above and below:The kids got to talk to Mrs. Clause before we got on the train.

Below:Even Ariana went on the train ride.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Looks like lots of fun! Too bad we couldn't go! I am sure I will hear all about it tomorrow though, especially if it was "the best day ever!"

Heather said...

Oh fun! I want to take Isaac on that, but it's so expensive! I'm hoping grandparents want to take him!

The Eldredge's said...

How fun!! Kennadee love love loves the Polar Express!! I looked online to see if they have one here and they do but it is already completely booked : ( Maybe next year!! I am glad the kids had fun!! That was nice of your parents!!

Tiffany said...

Corbin would love that. We almost went to see Thomas while we were in utah this summer but didn't make it. Looks like you had fun. Talk to you later. T