Saturday, November 8, 2008

Navy trip to Colorado and yard work

This weekend Paul had to go out to Colorado for some Navy training and awards banquet dinner. This year the event was at the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, CO. The hotel was really amazingly beautiful. It's celebrating its 100 year anniversary so it has the old classic look and charm (and ghosts)...oh yeah, and this hotel was made famous by the Stephen King novel "The Shining". This hotel is out in the middle of nowhere on top of a mountain just north west of Denver. It was so FREEZING cold that even though they still had the fountains running they were all freezing (or frozen)...here is a picture of one of the frozen fountains: While we were exploring this amazing hotel we looked out the front windows and there was a whole herd of elk on the lawn. There were some pretty big ones in the herd.I also found this piano in the lobby of the hotel. I asked Paul if we could please bring it home. Even if he would have gone for it...I don't think anyone else would have.Here's a picture of Paul and me as we were leaving the Navy dinner:This morning we left to head home REALLY early...our ward had put together a project to help us with some things that we needed to do in our back yard to get our house ready to sell, and it was scheduled for 3:00. So, we booked it home...okay, it took us 8-1/2 hours...and had a huge success with our backyard project.

I'm sure you are all just anxiously sitting in your seats wondering what our kids did while we went to Colorado. They had fun entertaining Wendy, Spencer, and Roman for a few days. They also got to play at their grandma's house and meet their new cousin Ariana Cerise:

3 comments:

Nicola said...

Looks like you had a great time in Colorado! I wish you would have let us know that you were doing stuff with your house...we would have been there in no time. (=

The Hunt Family said...

Thanks for the invite....sad we had to go private huh?

Jess said...

so did you get your house listed? has anybody come to see it? the hardest part for me about selling my house was keeping it clean all the time! Luckily mine was for sale in the summer and I just packed up most of the toys and made the kids play outside. Good luck! and all I can say about Hawaii is: expect visitors!